First Church of the Nazarene was organized on July 4, 1906, by Dr.
Bresee, founder of the Nazarene Denomination. Forty people formed the
center-city church, which met at various downtown locations until
entering the present facility on SW Raab Road.
Our congregation can trace a rich and significant heritage back to the earliest days of the movement which became the international Church of the Nazarene.
In the early days many of the issues were different, but not the messages. We urgently want the Word of God to be clearly given and the new life of Christ experienced by our neighbors and community.
Commitment to Jesus Christ is still our hallmark, and God has been faithful to guide and bless this church over the last hundred years.
Our present ministry owes much to the foresight and faithfulness of the fifteen Senior Pastors that have helped write our history well with their dreams, gifted communicating, prayers, and leadership.
This church family faithfully seeks to show demonstrations of God’s love that will plant seeds of eternity in the hearts of people, for we believe that lost people matter to God and to His church.